Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was looking for classically delicious vegan oatmeal cookie recipe, that was lower in fat and sugar--I stumbled upon one that needed a lot of tweaking and this is what it has become. Everyone who has tried these loves them and you can't even tell that these are vegan, or sugar free to boot. Happy baking!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup traditional oatmeal (Not instant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup organic dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup agave syrup
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375.
- These can be made with just a bowl and a spoon--overmixing will make them spongy, so start by mixing the dry ingredients together and then add syrups, oil, vanilla and cranberries.
- Spoon onto lightly greased, parchment or silpat surface. Bake for 10 or less minutes, until just turning slightly brown on edges--cookies may seem a bit too soft, but they will firm up a bit while still maintaining a good soft moist texture.
- Be careful not to overcook (or yes, they will be dry and hard)!
These are good. Will be making these again as they are healthier then regular oatmeal cookies and we did enjoy them. However do not think these could go toe to toe with regular oatmeal cookies at a pot luck. Defiantly want to be careful not to over cook and to cool on the pan (baked on silpad) for best results. Thanks so much for the post.
i'm not sure why, but this recipe doesn't mention to heat the oven to 375 and cook for 10 mins... i didn't have cranberries so i added walnuts and coconut. pretty good! slightly dry but it's vegan, it has to be.
OMG! Tastes a lot like regular oatmeal cookies. I made it with out the cranberries (because I don't like cranberries) and it was so good. I'm going to make it again with vegan choc. chips. Walnuts would also be good or dried apple pieces.