Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
photo by lilsweetie
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 dash nutmeg
- 1 whole egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted shortening
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups uncooked oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup ocean spray dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix together well.
- Drop by spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes and enjoy!
- (These are also very fab with dried cherries and chocolate chips! YUM!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
While I would give this cookie a five star for taste, I found the dough a little stiff and dry and my cookies came out kinda hunky,didn't really spread the way I like. I thought I was very careful about measuring out the dry ingredients?? The middles were soft but I prefer a cookie that is soft and moist all over with a little crispiness to the edges.Mine only needed 10 mins. any longer and they would have been very dry. I left out the nuts and added white chocolate chips. Very tasty just did not have the texture I like. Thanks for the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I am a thirty-nine year old mom with two children. I am originally from Xenia, Ohio where I have lived longer than anywhere, but have lived in many different places. Ohio is one of my favorite states...I love the different seasons here! I love to remodel and decorate homes, when I have the time, and of course, I'm very passionate about cooking!! There is a long line of great cooks in my family and I am trying to put together a cookbook for them, from recipes they've shared with me. I have no favorite cookbook...I love picking up new (even better...very old) ones from yard sales, Ebay, Amazon, or wherever I find a good book with a good deal! Love the Food Network and my favs to watch, when I have the time, are Giada De Lorentis & Tyler Florence.