Recipe by Pepper Monkey
Posted in response to a request for vegan breakfast ideas, these pancakes include no dairy and no eggs...perfect for a healthy vegan breakfast. From the moosewood cookbook.
Top Review by flitenrs
I made these for a brunch w/ a tofu scramble and they were GREAT! My non-vegan boyfriend and I loved them. I added at least an additional 1/2 C. flour to make them thicker and am glad I did. Made a double batch, keeping them in the oven as they got done which made them a little crispy on the outside and even better!
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄3 cups soymilk (plain or vanilla flavored)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sift flours and all dry ingedients together.
- In another bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Oil a griddle and pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.