Ana Gourmet: Oat Bran Pancakes
photo by magpie diner
- Ready In:
18 5 inch pancakes
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Almond Breeze non-dairy beverage
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (not maple syrup)
- 3 teaspoons liquid stevia, extract (or 3 packets of powdered stevia extract)
- Put a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add all of the wet ingredients and whisk only until all ingredients are wet.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of batter into the frying pan. Wait until bubbles form in the middle of the pancake and flip it over with a spatula. Cook until underside is golden brown and remove from pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very often vegan pancakes end up being large and thin, a bit rubbery. In this case though, they remained the size you poured and rose quite a bit. I found you have to cook them low & slow to get the inside cooked through properly. I love the addition of oat bran, and the cinnamon was nice. I didn't really detect the maple extract flavour very much, so you could easily sub vanilla if you had to. Thanks for an enjoyable breakfast!