Found this somewhere on the 'net but can't figure out where, so someone else deserves the credit for it but I'm not sure who. Omnivores in my life love this stuff too, so it's a good alternative to dairy for more than just vegans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves roasted garlic (I buy fresh and roast it myself in a skillet)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or the kind in the plastic lemon)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (more you use the cheesier it gets)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1/2 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1Put it all in a food processor or blender, and process til totally smooth.
- 2Put in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
- 3This will thicken to a spread if you let it but I find that adding more water if that happens makes it gooey again so it works well on pizza.
- 4If you're going to let it sit while you put the pizza together, stop cooking when it's still a bit thin and cover the pot.
- 5POINTS: 6 points for the entire amount.
- 6Just divide it into however many servings/slices you made.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.1
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1218.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 27.1 g