Caprese on a Stick (Tomato Basil & Fresh Mozzarella Cheese)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This appetizer is a smaller version of the classic Italian salad of tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese. It is perfect for a casual dinner or part of a buffet. To make this appetizer even easier, use bottled balsamic vinegar drizzle
- Ready In:
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 24 cherry tomatoes (or grape)
- 12 large basil leaves, halved
- 24 bocconcini (pearl size)
- 24 toothpicks
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, simmer balsamic vinegar until it is reduced by half and is thick, sweet and syrupy. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Thread 1 tomato, 1/2 basil leaf and 1 bocconcini onto each toothpick. Arrange on a serving plate and lightly drizzle with the baslamic syrup.
- Note: Pearl bocconcini are marble size balls of fresh mozzarella cheese sold in tubs in the dairy isle.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION