Recipe by Gone Vegan!
These are a hit at my husband's work--they all are in denial that they are vegan! They're super-quick to make and taste great.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine milk with apple cider vinegar and set allow to "curdle.".
- 2. Add sugar, oil, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice and zest to milk mixture.
- 3. Sift dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients with whisk until smooth--don't overmix though.
- 4. Fill cupcake tins (lined with paper liners) 3/4 full.
- 5. Bake for 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.