These cookies are the ultimate ginger cookies with a nice spicy bite from the ginger and a rich molasses body. That they happen to be vegan is just a bonus. From Vegan with a Vengence!
- Sift dry ingredient (except sugar) into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine wet ingredients, including sugar and whisk or beat on medium until blended.
- Stir in the pre-sifted dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- The dough will be quite sticky and you may need to dampen your hands to work with it. Roll the dough into little balls (about 1 Tablespoon) and flatten out to your liking.
- The thinner the cookie the crisper it will be - a slightly thicker cookie will yield a crunch on the edges and a slightly chewy interior.
- Press the coarse sugar onto the tops of the cookies and bake about 10 minutes at 350 on a greased cookie sheet.