Recipe by ladypit
These are heavily adapted from a recipe in "The Garden of Vegan." Obviously, you need to use vegan soy eggnog to make these vegan. You could certainly use regular eggnog, they just wouldn't be vegan. The original recipe said to use whatever flour you wanted. I was trying to use up what I had. Whole wheat would work just fine here. These aer not intensely eggnog flavored, just have a nice undertone.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup barley flour
- 1⁄2 cup white bean flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1⁄2 cups soy eggnog
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oatmeal (either regular or quick cooking) in the food processor and blend until fine.
- Add the other dry ingredients (flours, spice, and baking powder) and pulse until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and pulse until well mixed.
- Heat your waffle maker and grease in whichever way you prefer.
- Cook the waffles until crispy. I found that it took 5 minutes per batch.
- Serve warm with more maple syrup.