1/1 Photo of Vegan Beefless Burgers or Meatballs
A tasty meat substitution for vegans, this mixture can be used in place of hamburger in almost any recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup ground sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped or grated carrot
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1Combine all ingredients.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Use large ice cream scoop to measure out 6 patties, or divide mixture into six equal portions.
- 4Fry, or place on greased baking sheet, bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes, turning once.
- 5Be careful not to over-bake, since it will make the burgers dry.
- 6These may be brushed with BBQ sauce 5 minutes before removing from oven.
- 7Serve on a whole wheat bun with all the trimmings, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, etc.
- 8Or use your hands or a 1 ounce ice cream type scoop to form meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 9Serve with spaghetti sauce and pasta.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Beefless Burgers or Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (746 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 489.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein