Recipe by J-Man42
I'm the biggest carnivore you'd ever "meat", but have been trying to improve my diet as I get older. Part of that is going vegan 20 out of 21 meals a week (I give myself one cheat meal and go all out). Note - cooking time is mostly the beans soaking overnight
- 1 lb dried navy beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Soak navy beans overnight.
- Rinse beans, cover with 2 inches of water and simmer for 1 1/2 hours (until beans are tender, but not mushy).
- Drain beans, reserving 2 cups of the bean juice.
- Add beans, bean juice and other ingredients to oven-proof dish, stir, and set oven to 250 degrees.
- Let the beans simmer along for 2-3 hours, stirring once an hour or so.
- Turn oven up to 350 for the last hour if they need to thicken up some more.