Recipe by ellie3763
from the blog "sweet beet and green bean" - http://sweetbeetandgreenbean.net/2009/11/23/vegan-thanksgiving-apple-cinnamon-stuffing/
- 4 cups bread cubes (baguettes, ciabatta, multi-grain, plain sandwich bread)
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium fuji apple
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop up your bread of choice into fairly small cubes. Put on a baking sheet and toast until golden brown (15-20 minutes).
- Shred the carrot. Chop the celery, apple (can leave skin on or remove), and onion.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat. Add fruit and simmer for a few minutes until soft. Add vinegar. salt, and seasonings. Cook another few minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth and cook until it bubbles. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in brown sugar. Then add toasted bread cubes and stir until saturated.
- Spoon into lightly greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.