Recipe by Ninna
This is a low fat dinner that has become a favourite since DH cannot have any fat or oil in his diet. Chicken could be substituted for the veal.
- 2 boneless veal steaks, fat removed (I use butterfly, they are thicker)
- 1 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce, Tomato and Basil Sauce (low fat)
- 1 onion, sliced (or 1 leek)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat stock in pan, add onions and sauté until stock almost evaporated and onions start to brown, simmer and keep stirring until nice and brown; remove from pan place in ovenproof dish, keep warm in low oven.
- Add the extra stock to pan, add steaks and cook for 1 min on both sides; add tomato pasta sauce and heat through, steaks should be cooked now, but still showing a little pink in the middle.
- Serve each veal steak on a potato gallete (see my recipes), top with some onion and pour some of the sauce over.