Veal Steaks With Mushrooms As I Like It!
photo by nitko
- Ready In:
- 600 g boneless veal steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 80 g butter
- 200 g mushrooms (white)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh leaves)
- 1 cup wine (white, dry)
- 40 g butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 10 g salt
- 3 g pepper
- First you have to prepare everything in advance – everything will be fast.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin leaves, grate the lemon zest, prepare the lemon juice, and mince garlic.
- Heat the butter (not all) and olive oil and fry (on strong fire) previously seasoned veal steaks until they turn brownish (about 4 min per side). Remove the steaks into warm environment (80-100°C stove) and put mushrooms into the frying pan.
- Add some butter and salt mushrooms a bit. Sauté mushrooms about 10 minutes; covered.
- Return the veal (with all juices) into pan; add garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced parsley leaves and wine into pan and sauté on heavy fire until alcohol evaporates (it takes 2-4 minutes).
- At the end add “buerre manie” – a French thing quite simple; melt butter and add flour (you can dry fry flour before to brown it a bit), stir, and than add into a meal to connect juices.
- Serve warm with mashed potato, cooked potato, rice, risotto Milanese or pasta. Cherry tomato salad with green lettuce is also nice salad. Of course, use the white wine to drink with the meal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!