Zagreb Veal Steak
photo by nitko
- Ready In:
- Beat veal steaks to make them thin.
- Cut cooked eggs into halves. Slice ham and cheese.
- Salt steaks from inside and put slice of ham, slice of cheese and ½ egg on one side of steak. Cover with other side to make it look like a pocket. Beat the ends of the steak to close them.
- Whisk 3 eggs like you are making omelet. Put them into flour, than eggs, than breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry steaks until golden on both sides (you may use half lard half oil mixture, it is much better).
- Cut lemon into slices and serve with steaks. We usually eat the steaks with French fry potato.
Questions & Replies
Nitko and followers,this looks very similar to a recipe i am looking for(Zagreb veal steak)The dish is a crumbed beef fillet cordon bleu with cheese,ham,bacon muscles if i can remember correctly.The method is as i can remember is a cutlet of beef fillet flattened in such a way that it becomes as big as a large pizza and very thin.All the finely chopped ham,cheese ,bacon and muscles are sprinkled on top and rolled into a ball ,crumbed and baked.Not sure if this recipe is standard or just thought out by someone.Ever came across something similar?
This was really a sensational dish. Not very difficult... I veered a little from this recipe... I rubbed the steaks with some garlic and rolled them up, secured with a few toothpicks after crumbing them. I omitted the cooked eggs. After preparing it,, put in the fridge to set the breadcrumbs. I will definitely make this again.