Lemon and Olive Veal Steaks
One Russell came up with tonight using ingredients on hand. it's based on a dish by Evelyn/Athens that we couldn't make when we realised we had no capers. Very lemony, and we thought, very nice.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (125 g) boneless veal steaks, we used butterflied loin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green olives, ours were anchovy stuffed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and lightly coat the veal in this, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat, add the veal and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn and cook for about 1 minute more, then remove and keep warm whilst you make the sauce.
- Pour the wine and lemon juice into the pan and simmer for a minute, scraping up any brown bits.
- Add the butter, herbs and sliced olives and allow to thicken a little before serving over the steaks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION