Another Bon Appetit recipe, very elegant and easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup canned beef broth
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb veal scallopini (thin!!)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or enough to dredge scalopine in)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1Boil both stocks together in a medium sauce pan until reduced to one cup, about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper.
- 4Dredge veal in flour to coat, shaking off excess.
- 5Working in batches, add veal and saute until cooked through, do not over cook, about 2 minutes per side depending on thickness of scallopine.
- 6Transfer veal to serving platter and tent to keep warm.
- 7Repeat above steps with remaining veal, adding more oil to skillet as necessary.
- 8Add reduced stock mixture, cream, 1/2 cup of the chopped tomatoes, 4 TBS of the chopped basil and the tomato paste to skillet.
- 9Simmer until reduced to a"sauce" consistency, whisking frequently, about 5 minutes.
- 10Add 1/3 cup of the Gorgonzola and stir until melted.
- 11Pour sauce over veal.
- 12Srpinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, 2 TBS basil, and 1/3 cup Gorgonzola.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Scaloppine With Gorgonzola Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.1
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 188.6 mg
- Sodium 723.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 33.7 g