Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another Bon Appetit recipe, very elegant and easy to prepare.
Make and share this Veal Scaloppine With Gorgonzola Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup canned beef broth
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb veal scallopini (thin!!)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or enough to dredge scalopine in)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- Boil both stocks together in a medium sauce pan until reduced to one cup, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper.
- Dredge veal in flour to coat, shaking off excess.
- Working in batches, add veal and saute until cooked through, do not over cook, about 2 minutes per side depending on thickness of scallopine.
- Transfer veal to serving platter and tent to keep warm.
- Repeat above steps with remaining veal, adding more oil to skillet as necessary.
- Add reduced stock mixture, cream, 1/2 cup of the chopped tomatoes, 4 TBS of the chopped basil and the tomato paste to skillet.
- Simmer until reduced to a"sauce" consistency, whisking frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup of the Gorgonzola and stir until melted.
- Pour sauce over veal.
- Srpinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, 2 TBS basil, and 1/3 cup Gorgonzola.