Mike Yaeger's Note:
This meal is an Italian classic. The marsala sauce is very common in many different Italian restaurants.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) pounded veal
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1Pound the Veal until very thin, right before it tears should be the size of a small plate.
- 2Heat a pan of vegetable oil and cover the entire veal in flour and place in the pan.
- 3Cook for about two minutes at most until both sides are very lightly brown. Remove and keep warm. Next place the mushrooms in the pan and brown both sides.
- 4When turned for the second time pour the wine in, be careful it will flash fire, Cook for four or five seconds until the fire dies off and the alcohol is cooked off.
- 5Now add the demi glace and butter continue adding butter until the sauce thickens.
- 6Now taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7On a plate put a mound of mash potatoes then the veal on top of that and pour the marsala sauce over it all.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (1629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1452.7
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 201.6 mg
- Sodium 365.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: