Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
- 4 loin veal chops, cut 3/4 inch thick (1 1/4 lbs total weight)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large fresh mushrooms (2 to 2.5 inches in diameter)
- 2 -3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Trim fat from chops and place in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl, combine wine, garlic, sage, Worcestershire sauce, and oil. Pour over chops; close bag. Marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes (or in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally).
- Drain chops, reserving marinade. Sprinkle chopes with freshly ground pepper. Grill chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat until desired doneness, turning and brushing once with marinade halfway through cooking. (12 to 14 minutes for medium rare or 15 to 17 minutes for medium).
- Meanwhile, carefully remove stems from mushrooms. Brush mushroom caps with reserved marinade. Place mushrooms, rounded sides up, on grill rack; grill for four minutes. Turn rounded sides down; spoon some pesto into each mushroom. Grill about four minutes more or until heated through. Serve the mushrooms with the chops.