1/4 Photos of Veal Chops With Avocado
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The buttery and creamy taste of avocado complements the delicate flavor of veal chops in this recipe. It makes a wonderful dinner to serve for special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 loin veal chops, each cut about 3/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons medium sherry
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 ripe avocado (I prefer the small black Haas avocado)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slash fat on edge of chops, being careful not to cut into the meat. In a 10-inch skillet with ovensafe handles, cook mushrooms and onions in hot butter over medium heat until tender, 5-10 minutes.
- 2Arrange chops in skillet. Add sherry, salt and hot pepper sauce; heat to boiling. Cover and bake 1 hour or until meat is fork-tender.
- 3Cut avocado in half; remove seed and skin. Slice avocado and arrange over chops. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes for until avocado is heated through. Place chops on a warm platter.
- 4Blend cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cream until smooth; stir in remaining cream. Gradually stir into hot liquid in skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened. Stir in dill. Serve chops immediately with sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veal Chops With Avocado
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.2
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 601.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: