Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
My favourite restaurant quality veal scallopine with a lemon sauce. Fabulous. Time includes 12 hours marinating time.
- 4 boneless veal steaks, pounded thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 medium lemons
- salt and fresh pepper
- Place veal in non-corrodible dish. Place crushed coriander seeds, honey, lemon juice and vegetable stock in saucepan.
- Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over veal.
- Cut lemons in half and place them cut side down on the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours. Turning once or twice.
- Remove veal from marinade and grill or barbeque on both sides until cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before veal is cooked, place leftover marinade in saucepan and bring to boil and simmer for a minute.
- Pour sauce on top of cooked steaks.