Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicken, beef, pork or shrimp or mix of all with Yoshida'a Original Recipe Sauce, varied veggies. Can be made with vegetables only. Quick fix for I-don't-want-to-cook nights.
- 1 lb chicken pieces or 1 lb beef or 1 lb pork, country strips or 1 lb small shrimp
- 6 -8 scallions or 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil or 2 -3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup Yoshida ginger garlic teriyaki sauce
- 4 -6 broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 12 Chinese pea pods (Snow Peas)
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts, washed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup of canned mushroom pieces (drained) or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 10 baby carrots
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup cashews or 1 cup peanuts
- Cut scallions into 1/2 inch long pieces.
- Cut onions into 1-inch chunks if using.
- Devein and cut bell pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Drain canned mushrooms or slice fresh mushrooms.
- Wash and slice Napa Cabbage into 2-inch long pieces.
- Drain water chestnuts
- Rinse bean sprouts.
- De-string, rinse and cut off ends of Chinese pea pods.
- Remove broccoli flowers from stalks and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Rinse baby carrots.
- Measure powdered ginger or grate fresh ginger.
- Mix cornstarch and water with a whisk or fork.
- Measure Yoshida Sauce.
- Meat preparation: use 1 pound of meat, chicken and/or seafood total.
- Cut beef or chicken or pork into small bite-size pieces.
- If using shrimp, thaw under running water and set aside.
- Heat oil, garlic and ginger in a wok or large skillet. Stir to prevent burning.
- Add meat or chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes until just done. While this is cooking, add carrots.
- Next add water chestnuts, peppers, scallions or onions and mushrooms. Continue to stir the mixture for about one minute.
- Pour in Yoshida sauce and mix into the contents.
- Make a well in the center of the pan and whisk in the cornstarch mixture, then stir the whole panful. It will thicken quickly. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time if it becomes too thick. Do not over-add water.
- If you are using shrimp, add it now.
- Quickly add Napa cabbage, broccoli and bean sprouts and stir into mixture.
- Taste to see if it needs more Yoshida Sauce and add by tablespoon and mix well until the taste suits you.
- Turn off heat and cover for about one minute.
- Toss with nuts.
- Serve immediately over steamed short-grain rice.