Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
An old-fashion butter cake is the perfect dessert for a picnic or potluck.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar and melted butter in large bowl.Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs,, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until well mixed.
- Stir together flour and baking powder in small bowl. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well mixed.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 10-inch angel food cake pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
Was wonderful! I made this recipe to fill a 3D Ducky cake pan from Wilton. It is dense, delicious, and held together well.
I made 2 changes - I used 5 eggs for moisture & added 1/2 tsp of salt.
This is such an easy cake to make, my youngest children love to help with it. It is very tasty, moist and perfect with my morning cup of coffee :)
This has an excellent vanilla taste but I think it's a little dry. however, it is so easy and has such good flavor I will try this recipe again and work on adding some more moisture to suit my tastes. I followed the recipe exactly except I added 1/2 tsp salt to the dry ingredients.