Recipe by lets.eat
Seasoned with white wine and vanilla
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I agree that 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla would be too strong in this recipe. I cut the amount of vanilla in half and it
gave the freshly steamed green beans a lovely, delicate flavor. Shallots replaced onion powder and a small garlic clove minced was also added. Dry vermouth subbed for wine which I was out of but I think gin would work well, too. Heated up the olive oil, threw in the dressing ingredients minus the extract, cooked on medium heat for about 1 minute then stirred in the vanilla extract. We really enjoyed this with an omelet and crusty French bread.
- 453.59 g frozen green beans
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml dry white wine
- 7.39 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans as directed on package, do not overcook. Drain. Meanwhile when beans are cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan; stir in the wine, vanilla, onion powder, salt and the pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Toss the butter sauce with the green beans. Top with the toasted almonds.
- To toast the almonds, spread the almonds in a single layer on a piece of aluminum foil. Bake 350' for 3-5 minutes.