This idea just kind of came to me one day, so I thought I would give it a try. Sweet and Smokey with just a hint of Vanilla & Bourbon. I made Beer Can Chicken and finished it off with this sauce. It was great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Bourbon (I used cheap stuff, but any Bourbon will do)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion salt (You can use granulated onion and increase the salt)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 11.Cook off the Bourbon until the alcohol has evaporated.
- 22. Add Tomato Sauce, Molasses, and Brown sugar. Stir until brown sugar is well dissolved.
- 33. Add Garlic, Onion Salt, Vinegar, Turmeric, Smoke, Salt, mustard, and Vanilla.
- 44. Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 342.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g