Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This idea just kind of came to me one day, so I thought I would give it a try. Sweet and Smokey with just a hint of Vanilla & Bourbon. I made Beer Can Chicken and finished it off with this sauce. It was great!
- 1 cup Bourbon (I used cheap stuff, but any Bourbon will do)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion salt (You can use granulated onion and increase the salt)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.Cook off the Bourbon until the alcohol has evaporated.
- 2. Add Tomato Sauce, Molasses, and Brown sugar. Stir until brown sugar is well dissolved.
- 3. Add Garlic, Onion Salt, Vinegar, Turmeric, Smoke, Salt, mustard, and Vanilla.
- 4. Let simmer for about 20 minutes.