Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. What better finale for a spicy, juicy pork & turkey burger, than dressing it with caramelized onions and red peppers, and smothered in a mouthwatering light, cool & spicy blue cheese sauce? And what makes this a special sauce? Using Hidden Valley Original Ranch Light of course, and turning the ordinary into EXTRAORDINARY! Pop the burgers into a pita, fill with the peppers and onion and fill with sauce! Mop up the sauce overflow with baby carrots & celery sticks! This may be the new future hot wing replacement!!!
- 3⁄4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 2⁄3 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed, divided
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large red sweet bell pepper, cut into thin 2 inch long strips
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 pieces whole wheat pita bread
- 4 stalks celery, cleaned and cut into 3 inch matchsticks
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots, rinsed and drained
- In a small bowl, mix the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light, Greek Yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, hot sauce, celery seed, cayenne, chives, cilantro, blue cheese and mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
- Put tomatoes into a large bowl. Use a fork to partially mash the beans and place into bowl with tomatoes. Add the corn, ground turkey, pork, Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix, garlic powder, chili powder and mix gently but thoroughly with hands and set aside.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high and add 1 tablespoon oil. When hot, add the pepper and onion strips, balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and kosher salt. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Divide meat into 8 equal portions. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same non-stick skillet over medium and when hot, shape 4 patties into oblong shape and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until nicely browned, lowering heat if they brown too quickly. Remove to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining 4 patties, adding more oil if needed, and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet in a single layer and when patties come out, put in oven for 2 minutes. Remove and cut in half.
- To assemble, fill each pita half with a patty and put equal amounts of the pepper & onion mix over the patties. Spoon some of the Hot-Blue sauce over the burgers. Put remaining sauce in a bowl and serve on the side with the celery and carrots. Serves 8.