Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my version of a French Silk recipe I found. The filling is wonderful, not too sweet, and just chocolaty enough. It tastes just like the French Silk Pie at Baker's Square!!! (Prep time shown here includes refrigeration time)
- 3 ounces hershey baking chocolate, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, chilled
- 1 pie shells (I prefer chocolate. Do not use graham cracker pie shell!) or 1 chocolate crumb pie shell, If you make it yourself, chill the crust first (I prefer chocolate. Do not use graham cracker pie shell!)
- whipped cream (Cool Whip works great) or whipped topping (Cool Whip works great)
- slivered almonds
- Creme softened, but not melted, butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate with 2 teaspoons of water and blend with vanilla.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating each for at least 2 minutes before adding the next.
- Whip until very light and fluffy.
- Pour immediately into pie shell and refrigerate (before it loses it's fluffiness).
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with whipped cream or whipped topping and sprinkle with almond slivers.
- (I grate up some of the unsweetened chocolate to make chocolate curls, or sprinkles at least).
Didn't exactly know when to add the chocolate. Mine wasn't real fluffy either my kids loved it!
A very rich and satisfying pie! I had trouble though because the recipe is missing a step and wasn't sure which was to be combined with what. Didn't come out light and fluffy as stated but still very good!!