1/7 Photos of V for Vendetta's - Eggy in a Basket!
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Besides being one of the most amazing movies I've seen in a while, V for Vendetta features the simplest, most CRAVEABLE breakfast dish I think I've ever seen. In the movie, "V", in his jaunty kitchen apron, so lovingly prepares this charming breakfast dish for Natalie Portman's character. By the movie's end, I was craving so badly, that I made it for our breakfast for the next two days!! Please feel free to use ANY bread you have on hand. I also like to make these on my large nonstick griddle, but you can prepare them 1 or 2 at a time using a non-stick frying pan.
My Private Note
- 1Butter bread slices on both sides.
- 2Cut an approximately 2 inch circle in the middle of each slice, using a cookie cutter or small glass.
- 3Place buttered bread slices on a non-stick griddle pan, preheated over medium heat.
- 4Add a bit of butter to the center of the bread, and gently crack your eggs into the hole.
- 5Sprinkle eggs with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 6When the eggs begin to set around the edge of the hole, flip.
- 7Finish cooking eggs as you prefer (over easy or over medium).
- 8The buttered bread "centers" can be grilled or toasted as well to sop up the extra yolk!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V for Vendetta's - Eggy in a Basket!
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 279.0 mg
- Sodium 304.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.8 g