Besides being one of the most amazing movies I've seen in a while, V for Vendetta features the simplest, most CRAVEABLE breakfast dish I think I've ever seen. In the movie, "V", in his jaunty kitchen apron, so lovingly prepares this charming breakfast dish for Natalie Portman's character. By the movie's end, I was craving so badly, that I made it for our breakfast for the next two days!! Please feel free to use ANY bread you have on hand. I also like to make these on my large nonstick griddle, but you can prepare them 1 or 2 at a time using a non-stick frying pan.
- Butter bread slices on both sides.
- Cut an approximately 2 inch circle in the middle of each slice, using a cookie cutter or small glass.
- Place buttered bread slices on a non-stick griddle pan, preheated over medium heat.
- Add a bit of butter to the center of the bread, and gently crack your eggs into the hole.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- When the eggs begin to set around the edge of the hole, flip.
- Finish cooking eggs as you prefer (over easy or over medium).
- The buttered bread "centers" can be grilled or toasted as well to sop up the extra yolk!