Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this on Robin Miller's Quick Fix Meals, and it looks so good and easy that I had to post it for safe keeping.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 236.59 ml onion, sliced
- 226.79 g mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml pasta sauce
- 236.59 ml pizza sauce
- 118.29 ml black olives, sliced
- 453.59 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, breaking up the meat as it cooks with a wooden spoon.
- Add onion and mushrooms and cook 2 minutes, until soft.
- Add pasta sauce, pizza sauce and olives and bring to a simmer, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer sauce to the bottom of a 13 by 9-inch baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil until blended.
- Whisk in flour and salt until well blended.
- Pour mixture over sauce in pan.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
You are right Meredith K. this was quick and easy as well as very tasty. I used bulk pok sausage, added italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and it was delicious. I took the rest to share at school the next day. When I heated it up, it smelled like an Italian restaurant. I posted some pictures for you.