Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so good, and so easy to make, very colourful for a holiday season dessert. You can substitute raspberries, blueberries or strawberries if desired, any one will still be great, I usually make two of these, if I have more than four people over for dinner...a wonderful dessert.
- Set oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 8-in square baking pan.
- Place cranberries in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup sugar and pecans.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, extract, butter, flour and remaining sugar until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over the cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until cake test done.
- Run a knife around the edges of dish; immediately invert onto a serving plate.
- Cut into serving-size pieces.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
I used frozen cherries since I didn't have any berries, and I cut the 3/4 cup sugar to 1/2 a cup. This recipe was easy and quick.