Recipe by bigwolverine
Quick and easy soup that tastes just like stuffed green peppers.
Top Review by sabrinadesigns
Too bad I cannot give out more points. This is one of the best recipes I've tried in a long time. The peppers come out so tender. It really does taste just like stuffed peppers too. Only this will save you a step and make a lot more than a stuffed pepper recipe with similar ingredients. I had to use chicken broth in place of the beef and it tasted just fine. I left out the mushrooms and added 1/2 cup extra rice.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan, cook beef, peppers, and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the broth, soup, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, heat through and serve.