Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy soup that tastes just like stuffed green peppers.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan, cook beef, peppers, and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the broth, soup, tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, heat through and serve.
Too bad I cannot give out more points. This is one of the best recipes I've tried in a long time. The peppers come out so tender. It really does taste just like stuffed peppers too. Only this will save you a step and make a lot more than a stuffed pepper recipe with similar ingredients. I had to use chicken broth in place of the beef and it tasted just fine. I left out the mushrooms and added 1/2 cup extra rice.
This was delicious. Thank you for posting--I've been craving stuffed peppers for a bit but I wasn't in the mood to stuff them. Your recipe was just what I needed and SUCH a time saver. And, the hubby loved it! Thanks again.
I added some seasonings (celery salt, paprika, oregano, basil, cayenne pepper, parsley, and pepper) and used 16 oz of frozen pepper strips. I didn't have mushrooms, I used 1 diced fine carrot instead. And, I only used 1 1/4 cup of rice because I wanted the soup to be a little thinner. This was fantastic!
Loved this soup - super easy and my whole family thought it was delicious. (That includes two picky children - ages 6 & 4) I added a variety of seasonings and used freshed mushrooms vs. canned. Cooked the meat, peppers, onions and mushrooms (added garlic as well) and then threw everything in the crockpot. About a 1/2 hour before we were ready to eat I cooked the rice and added that to the soup. We topped with cheddar cheese. Thanks for the recipe - we will be making it again!