Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I find myself awash with memories of my maternal grandmother when I make a batch of these pancakes. She was a wonderful woman and a wonderful cook. And her sourdough pancakes were out of this world. After some research, I found a recipe that tastes just like hers did. Unknownchef86's Bread Starter works well for this recipe. Servings are approximate.
- 4 cups sourdough starter (see Unknownchef86's Bread Starter)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop by 1/2 cupfuls onto a hot, lightly greased griddle.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles begin to retain their holes.