Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 2-inch jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 dill pickle, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces distilled white vinegar
- 2 ounces firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces ketchup
- 2 ounces vegetable oil
- In a blender or food processor, puree the onion, the garlic, the pickle, and the Jalapeno with the vinegar.
- Add the brown sugar, the mustard, the Worcestershire sauce, the Tabasco, the ketchup, and the oil, and blend the mixture until it is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and simmer it, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it is reduced to about 2 cups.
- Use the sauce to baste shrimp, beef, or chicken during the last third of its grilling time.