Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is just awesome for anyone who likes cheese as much as my family does. The broccoli is optional, and you can use regular cheddar cheese soup rather than the broccoli and cheese. This is definitely a kid-pleaser recipe!! I have a family of eight hearty eaters, but you can certainly half this recipe. This is also good for "leftover" night
- 2 lbs chicken, cooked & cubed
- 10 cups cooked rice (approximately)
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancampbells broccoli cheese soup
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Place first 7 ingredients in a 8x11 casserole dish along with chicken and soups.
- Mix together well.
- Top with cheddar and provolone cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
- Feel free to adjust amounts - I have to admit to being a "just throw it in" kind of cook, so my measurements are not by any means exact.
This was good and easy to make. I will admit I did not follow the amounts but did follow the ingredient list. I thought 10 cups of rice seemed like a bit much so I used 3 cups of cooked rice. I didn't measure the amount of chicken I put it- I just threw it in until it "looked right". I then added a can of mushroom and a can of broccoli and cheese soup. I followed the rest of the ingredients as written other then I didn't add any salt but did add some pepper. I made this for freezer tag 2008 so I did step one and two of the directions but instead of putting it in a dish I put it in a freezer bag and froze. I did add 2 cups of the cheddar cheese to the mixture also. The day I wanted to cook this, I pulled from the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge. I then dumped it in a dish and topped with more cheddar and the provolone and cooked as directed. This was good but I think next time I would mozz. cheese instead of provolone.