Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs 50 mins
I love THIS cheesecake! I love cheesecake period!! This is especially good with the fresh fruit and jam...Everyone thinks I bought it at the bakery, it's so beautiful...good too! The credit is not mine; it came to me via a recipe card...hence the picture.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup fresh fruit (chopped)
- Crust: In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Add melted butter; stir to combine.
- Press crumb mixture into a 9-inch spring pan and chill for 30 minutes.
- Filling: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer (med. speed) beat cream cheese for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar, gradually add flour and mix well.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Pour into crust.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and cool 15 minutes.
- Topping: Beat egg white with sugar until soft peaks appear.
- Fold in sour cream; spread on top of cake.
- Return cake to oven; bake until topping is set, (not brown) approx.
- 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven; with door open continue to let the cheesecake cook for another hour.
- Cool completely.
- Place preserves in microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until thin and spreadable.
- Spoon preserves onto each 1/2 of the design (Ying/Yang) with the back of the spoon spread and fill each section.
- Arrange fruit ontop; chill and Serve!
If you love all cheesecakes (as i do) you will agree with the title that this is in fact the ULTIMATE. It took a lot of time and was somewhat tedious, but was well worth the work. It will rise somewhat during baking, but dont panic (as i did), it will settle and be possibly the best cheesecake that you have ever had!!!!!!!! I wish that I could give it more than five stars.
I made this cheesecake for a party. Everyone loved it! Though during cooling a large crack formed; I topped it off with apricot and seedless blackberry preserves so the crack was not noticeable. I will make it again since it was delicious and not difficult to make.
This cheesecake was absolutely delicious! However during cooling a large crack (more like a crevice) formed. I will still make this again, only next time I'll use a water bath during baking.