Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
The following Bukovinian dressing or spoon bread is tender-moist and rich in chicken flavor. There is no fat or seasoning in this recipe. It is therefore important that the chicken broth be rich in fat and well seasoned. If a slightly thicker mixture is desired, the broth may be reduced to 4 cups and the nachynka baked in a moderate oven for a brief period.
- Add the corn meal gradually to the boiling chicken broth, and stir until smooth and free of lumps.
- Cook the mixture until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- This mixture should not be very thick.
- Stir some of the hot cereal into the beaten yolks, and then blend it with the rest.
- Cook it over a low heat from 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with any meat preparation.
- serves 7 to 9.