1/2 Photos of Tyler Florence's Chicken Cordon Bleu
katie in the UP's Note:
This is one of DH's favorite chicken dishes! The Panko bread crumbs makes the coating crispy and great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lay the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- 3Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 4Take care not to pound too hard because the meat may tear or create holes.
- 5Lay 2 slices of cheese on each breast, followed by 2 slices of ham, and 2 more of cheese; leaving a 1/2-inch margin on all sides to help seal the roll.
- 6Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll.
- 7Squeeze the log gently to seal.
- 8Season the flour with salt and pepper; spread out on waxed paper or in a flat dish.
- 9Mix the breadcrumbs with thyme, kosher salt, pepper, and oil, the oil will help the crust brown.
- 10Beat together the eggs and water, the mixture should be fluid.
- 11Lightly dust the chicken with flour, then dip in the egg mixture.
- 12Gently coat in the bread crumbs.
- 13Carefully transfer the roulades to a baking pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- 14Cut into pinwheels before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tyler Florence's Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.6
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 187.5 mg
- Sodium 785.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 46.2 g