Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different taste, something easy to have on-hand for summertime lunches when it's too hot to make anything. Cooking time is refrigeration time, and prep time depends on how fast you chop vegetables.
For the salad
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved (or quartered, depending on size)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard (or garlic mustard)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Pour dressing over salad; stir to combine well.
- Cover and chill at least one hour before serving.
Why am I the first person to try this recipe? It was really good. I love the mixture of the flavors and different textures. I made exactly as written but also added some chopped cilantro. Very nice side for a summer bbq I would think.