Recipe by Windchime
Since you can prepare them in advance (even the day before) and bake them the second time right before supper, this work really well for company. Just refrigerate until ready to bake. A great side for steak or roast.
Top Review by Melvin'sWifey
I just can't leave well enough alone! These were tasty, I did half the recipe because it was just DH and I... I upped the parmesean cheese, and added a clove of minced garlic. I also added to the mix about 2 tablespoons bacon bits and some garlic powder instead of onion powder. I also added some paprika to the potatoes (as well as on top) so they were a pretty color. For the last 10 min of baking time I topped them with a little shredded cheese and more bacon bits. Served them with a dollop of sour cream and they were a hit. So filling! For easier clean up I just lined a baking sheet with foil.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash potatoes.
- Place in shallow pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork, turning once.
- Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- While still hot, carefully cut potatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out potato, leave an 1/8 inch wall.
- Place potato centers in mixing bowl, add butter and milk.
- Whip until fluffy.
- Add sour cream, cheeses, onion powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon back into skins.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until they begin to brown.