Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This casserole is pure greatness. It is not light on calories, but when you are ready to pull out all the stops, serve this. Definitely a potluck pleaser!
- 8 medium size baking potatoes (4lbs)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, Divided
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh chives
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft.
- Coarsely mash pulp with potato masher.
- Stir in 1 cup cheddar Cheese, the sour cream, cream cheese, milk, butter, garlic tablespoon of chives, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a lightly greases 13 - x- 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes or until thouroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese, bacon, and 1/2 cup chives.
Sounds like the one right out of Paula Deen's cookbook. I'll save yours and not enter hers.
very good. But I put all the toppings in it not on it.