Recipe by DCFeeIV
my grandmom would always make these all year round. whats nice is that they taste better when they have aged
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 lb melted butter
- 4 tablespoons anise seeds
- 2 cups coarsely chopped almonds
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 1⁄2 cups flour
one of the following
- 4 tablespoons anisette
- 2 tablespoons vanilla, 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- mix sugar butter anise and vanilla.
- beat in eggs.
- mix flour with baking powder.
- stir into sugar/butter/anise/vanilla and almonds.
- blend together.
- preheat oven 350.
- chill 2-3 hours.
- shape into 4 loaves(half inch high, 4 inches wide, lenth of pan).
- bake 20 mins 350.
- cut into 3/4 inch thick slices.
- place back on pan on sides for another 15 minutes.