Honey Nut Oat Biscotti
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Crunchy and crispy, these twice baked cookies are ideal for dunking into coffee, tea or a tall glass of milk.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup liquid honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in honey.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; beat in vanilla.
- Mix together flour, rolled oats, pecans, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture until moistened.
- On large greased baking sheet, spoon batter into two 10 x 2 inch logs, smoothing surface with floured fingers.
- Bake in 350 F.
- oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer logs to cutting board; cut diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Stand slices up, slightly apart, on baking sheet.
- Reduce heat to 325 F.
- ;bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and almost firm to the touch.
- Remove to rack and let cool.
- (Cookies can be stored in airtight container for up to 1 week.) Makes 30 cookies.
- VARIATION: Honey Nut Apricot Biscotti: For this softer, less crunchy version of the classic biscotti, reduce pecans to 3/4 cup and add 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots.
- Canadian Living Per cookie: about 145 calories, 2 g.
- protein, 6 g fat, 20 g carbohydrate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION