Recipe by russkoolchef
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Flavorfull Italian inspired meatballs I came up with when we had family over for dinner. My step brother is native to italy and I inpressed him with my recipe.
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, plus
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chives, diced plus
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing, plus
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. For the meatball mixture grease a nonstick sheet pan. In a bowl combine the pork, shallot, .25 cup bread crumb, egg, mustard, oregano, granulated onion, .25 teaspoon salt, .25 teaspoon pepper and .5 cup chives and 2 tablespoon of hidden valley original ranch light, form the meatballs into 3.5 ounce balls and place on greased sheet pan, you should have 8 meatballs. Cook in oven for 15 minutes, in a bowl mix the olive oil, 2 tablespoon of the breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoon of the chives, top the meatballs with this mixture and return to oven to cook until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees, around 15 more minutes.
- For the sauce using your blender combine the .5 cup hidden valley ranch light dressing, greek yogurt, lemon juice, basil and spinach, puree until very smooth, add .1/8th teaspoon of salt and a 1/8th teaspoon of black pepper.
- Divide sauce on four plates and top with 2 meatballs per plate. Enjoy.