Recipe by yooper
This elegant entree can be on your table in in about a half an hour from start to finish. It's perfect when you want to impress your guests and don't have time! Best of all, this winner is low carb! Taken from Redbook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 slices thin prosciutto, cut in half crosswise
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into four pieces
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced "or"shredded
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken breasts, one at a time, between pieces of heavy plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place one quarter each of the prosciutto, basil, red pepper and mozzarella in the center of each piece of chicken.
- Roll into a cylinder, tucking in the ends.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning carefully, so that all sides of the chicken are golden and nearly cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the Marsala and chicken broth to the skillet, stirring up any browned bits at the bottom of the skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken and any juices, cover, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover, raise heat to high, and reduce sauce slightly, about 1 minute.