Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Warm, flavorful and satisfying.
Make and share this Tuscan Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried white kidney beans (cannellini)
- 1 lb plum tomato
- 9 cups chicken broth or 9 cups vegetable broth (homemade or canned)
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cans tomato paste
- 6 -8 fresh basil leaves, in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Rinse beans and discard any misshapen or darkened ones.
- Put in a large pot with 8 cups cold water.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes Drain and discard water.
- Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds.
- Then cut into cubes.
- Combine beans, tomatoes, and all other ingredients in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer briskly for one hour.