Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living Magazine, December 2006. This recipe is unique because it uses a frozen pecan pie, thawed. You could always make your own pecan pie. My favorite pecan pie on Zaar is Caramel Pecan Pie.
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened (you can substitute an 8 ounce package of cream cheese here if you want)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 lbs frozen pecan pie, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1⁄3 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- Beat mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
- Place half of pie cubes in bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or tall, clear 4-quart glass bowl.
- Spread half of whipped cream mixture over pie cubes.
- Drizzle with half each of chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping. (You might need to zap the fudge and caramel topping in the microwave for 15-25 seconds to get them to drizzling consistency).
- Sprinkle with half of chopped pecans.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- **Cook time does not include toasting the pecans, defrosting the pie, or refrigeration time.
I made this for Christmas dinner. My future son-in-law loved it so it will become a tradition. Welcome to the family!
Made this for my family's christmas get together. Huge hit. I forgot to toast the pecans but it was still yummy! Thanks for a great & easy recipe!
My mother and I made this for Christmas last year, it was absolutely WONDERFUL. It is very sweet - but isn't that what you want for a holiday desert to guarentee you make it to that food coma!