Brown Sugar-Pecan Coffee Cake
photo by CookingONTheSide
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Stir together flour and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut 3/4 cup butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Press 2 3/4 cups crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Stir together sour cream, egg, and baking soda; add to remaining crumb mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour sour cream mixture over crumb crust in pan; sprinkle evenly with cinnamon mixture and pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is THE best coffee cake we've ever had. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars. My DH and sons raved about it. It has a fabulous almost crunchy crust and the cake part is so moist and full of flavor. This is one of those cakes that you just can't stop eating so don't make this if you are on a diet! LOL The pecans on top also make this a delicious dessert. This is definitely a keeper (my DH even said so, too). Thanks for posting another winner, Juenessa!
Yum! I really enjoyed this - super easy and tasty. DD said it was OK. Not something we could have every weekend (we'd all be huge!) but a nice treat once in a while. I think next time I'll add about 1/2 tsp of salt to the batter, just to round out the flavors. Brought the leftovers to work this morning and everyone is telling me how good it is. Thanks for a really good recipe!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>