Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
High in fiber to promote weight loss through increased fiber intake.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 g glucomannan (opt'l, elim. water if not using)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 1⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F Coat baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- In large saucepan, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and carrot. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until onion is lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large bowl, mash the beans.
- In a medium bowl, mix Glucomannan and water to thicken. Add to beans.
- Add ground turkey, eggs, onion/carrot mix, Wasabi, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into 18 patties, about 1/2" thick and 3" diameter. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 45 minute or until thermometer inserted in center of patty registers 165°F and meat is no longer pink. Can freeze extra patties raw or cooked.