Recipe by Chef at Heart
My mom first made this and for once in my life I haven't changed a thing. I do sometimes add extra bouillon if there does not seem to be enough flavour. That is generally not the case however. The two packages, or two cubes should be enough. I like to serve this with garlic bread.
Top Review by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
This was simple, wholesome goodness in a bowl! I thought there would be enough for lunch tomorrow, but it was eaten in a flash. I found it especially tasty with a squeeze of lemon and black pepper. Thanks for a really good recipe.
- 8 cups water
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 turkey carcass, with some meat still attached
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can reduced-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken bouillon, water and turkey carcass. Break carcass if needed in order to fit pot, for 1 ½ hours. Remove carcass.
- Strain to remove any bones.
- Separate turkey from the carcass, set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients,.
- and cook until tender.
- Add turkey and 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes to the other ingredients, until warmed through.