Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom first made this and for once in my life I haven't changed a thing. I do sometimes add extra bouillon if there does not seem to be enough flavour. That is generally not the case however. The two packages, or two cubes should be enough. I like to serve this with garlic bread.
- Cook chicken bouillon, water and turkey carcass. Break carcass if needed in order to fit pot, for 1 ½ hours. Remove carcass.
- Strain to remove any bones.
- Separate turkey from the carcass, set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients,.
- and cook until tender.
- Add turkey and 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes to the other ingredients, until warmed through.
This was simple, wholesome goodness in a bowl! I thought there would be enough for lunch tomorrow, but it was eaten in a flash. I found it especially tasty with a squeeze of lemon and black pepper. Thanks for a really good recipe.