This recipe is super yummy, healthy, and easy to make. I use ground turkey, but you can you use ground turkey breast, lean beef, etc. When I'm busy I buy pre diced onions and green peppers. Kids love these too, just don't tell them there's onions!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1/4 ounces taco bell fajita seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 1/2 cups medium salsa
- cheddar cheese or mexican cheese
- tostitos bite size tortilla chips
- 1Dice onion and green bell pepper.
- 2Heat large nonstick pan to medium heat.
- 3Slice jalapeno pepper down the middle. The seeds and ribs carry the most heat, so remove them to your liking. Mince remaining pepper.
- 4Add 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil to pan, then add onion, peppers, and crushed red pepper flakes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook about 6 minutes until softened.
- 5Raise heat to medium high. Add ground turkey to veggies, breaking up with a spatula. Keep flipping turkey, and breaking it up until no longer pink.
- 6Using spatula, try to move mixture to 1/2 of the pan, letting the fat drip to the other half. Bring pan to sink and use large spoon to remove as much fat as possible.
- 7Return pan to stove and add taco bell seasoning, water, cumin, paprika, and about 1/2 tsp more salt. Stir until seasonings are spread throughout taco meat.
- 8Add salsa and stir. Reduce heat to low simmer. Cook 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- 9Place each single serving in microwave safe bowl, add cheese (amount to liking), and microwave until melted (about 1 1/2 minutes).
- 10Serve with a big bowl of tortilla chips and toppings of your choice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Taco Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.9
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 179.3 mg
- Sodium 1190.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 43.2 g